Executive chef urgently needed at KFC.
We are searching for a proficient and professional chefat KFC. Chefs typically work in a restaurant’s/home kitchen. Chefs are responsible for tasks such as: helping and planning with the preparation of food, overseeing the activities of the kitchen staff, modifying the menu to meet set standards, directing the cooking activities, ordering necessary kitchen instruments, and repair if faulty.
The best candidate for this position must be experienced, creative, and have excellent kitchen management skills.
- Plan and oversee the food preparation process.
- Modify or create a new menu to meet the set standards.
- Order necessary kitchen supplies/instruments.
- Fix/repair spoilt kitchen tools.
- Do the appraisal of food items and food/labor expenses.
- Adhere to the nutrition and sanitation rules and regulations and safety standards.
- Enroll and direct new staff.
- Resolve complaints or issues efficiently.
- Oversee the activities of the kitchen staff.
- Approach customers and coworkers in a professional manner.
- Keep the records of payroll.
- Give a ‘final touch’ to the prepared plates.
- Update on cooking trends.
- Manage food purchasing processes and budgets.
- Guide kitchen staff and make necessary corrections when the quality standards are not met.
- Examine the recipes and meet the demands of the customers to keep them satisfied.
- Previous work experience in the field is relevant.
- A degree in culinary science or related field is required.
- Problem-solving skills.
- Computer proficiency.
- Excellent communication skills.
- The ability to multitask is crucial.
- Excellent kitchen management skills.
- Strong leadership skill is essential.
- In-depth understanding of quality control and raw materials.
- The ability to use kitchen tools is critical.
- Excellent customer service skills.