Fruit picker needed urgently
We are currently searching for assiduous fruit pickers. Fruit pickers are required to fulfill tasks such as: carefully handpicking fruits with hands to avoid damage, checking fruits for insect manifestations, separating the good fruits from the rotten ones, sorting fruits according to their sizes and category, clearing and cleaning the work area, treating the trees and vines with pesticides, and etcetera.
The best candidate for this position must be tolerant, assiduous, and fast. Also, the candidate must have a flair for working outdoors.
- Handpick fruits carefully to avoid damage.
- Select and harvest fruits according to the specific method suitable for the type of fruit.
- Till and apply fertilizers to the soil.
- Climb a ladder to pick fruits.
- Place hand-held vibrating device against the trees or branches to shake ripe fruits from the trees, if need be.
- Clear and clean the work area.
- Sort fruits according to the sizes and categories.
- Separate the good fruits from the rotten fruits.
- Carefully check the fruits for disease, insect manifestations, and etcetera.
- Treat the vines and trees with pesticides.
- Use small knives or tools to cut from vines and branches, if need be.
- Place the fruits in a satchel/basket without any damage.
- Inform the supervisor/manager if signs of decay or troublesome insects are observed.
- Excellent motor skills.
- Endurance and perseverance.
- Excellent hand-eye coordination.
- Fast and efficient.
- Essential communication and interpersonal skills.
- The ability to withstand rough weather is crucial.
- The flair for working outdoors is vital.
- Investigative skills – to easily detect plant diseases or insect manifestations.