Laundry workers needed urgently.
We are looking to hire the services of professional laundry workers. Laundry workers oversee the cleaning of industrial or household articles by operating the washing machine. They could work in a team or independently. Laundry workers have in-depth knowledge of using cleaning agents, and different methods of washing various articles according to their texture and colour. The laundry workers may also be responsible for hanging, drying, ironing, folding and sorting clothes of clients.
The job is suitable for one who is willing to have multiple jobs, and could work in the evenings or is always available to work at weekends.
To be successful in this position, the candidate must be detail-oriented, willing to work efficiently and must have high physical stamina.
- Load and operate the washing machine.
- Handle and maintain the washing machines.
- Report to the organization if machines are faulty.
- Sort the clothes before washing – separate them according to their texture, colour and dirt stains for easier and better results.
- Use bleach powders or steam sprays to remove stains.
- Count, sort, hang, dry, iron, fold clothes to meet the requirements.
- Make use of the portable machines to tend to stained clothing through scrubbing, pre-soaking, sterilizing, and the likes.
- Report directly to the manager to attend to any concerns in the department.
- Collect the laundry bags from each room and ensure the name tags, room number and the number of clothing are filled appropriately.
- Report and return any item found in the pockets of the clothes or laundry bags to the management.
- Ensure that the clients’ items are delivered in a timely and professional manner.
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Previous work experience in the field is relevant.
- Excellent organization skills.
- High physical stamina is essential.
- In-depth knowledge of cleaning materials.
- Excellent communication skills.
- The ability to work with very minimal supervision is essential.